This hearty moroccan stew is the perfect healthy comfort food on a chilly evening!
Traditionally, tagine is made with meat – but this chickpea recipe is just as tasty and filling, is packed with veggies and nutrients – plus it’s cheaper to make!
This recipe is fully vegan – just top with dairy-free yoghurt instead.
• Spray some oil into a frying pan and fry the onion and garlic together until all are lightly browned.
• In a separate deep pan, put the stock, tomato, dried apricot, butternut squash, ground coriander, tagine paste and bring to the boil.
• Add the drained chickpeas, onion and garlic to the deep pan and reduce to simmer for around 30-40 minutes, occasionally stirring.
• Meanwhile, prepare the couscous; boil the water and mix with the couscous, lemon zest and fresh coriander
• Serve the tagine mix with the couscous and around a teaspoon of yogurt (per person) … enjoy!
This recipe makes 4 servings. Each serving contains:
ENERGY 477 KCAL
SATURATED FAT 0.8G