If you have been keeping up with the news this week (we like to watch the news, it makes us feel smart) there has been some talk of making the working week shorter (hooray!). In fact it might be as short as 3 days! Something similar was introduced in Sweeden, the working day was 6 hours instead of 8. Additionally in Finland their school days are much shorter and they have longer holidays throughout the year. Apart from all the obvious health benefits (reducing stress, improving wellbeing as well as increasing staff productivity) you’d have a hell of a lot more time to do cool (or not so cool) stuff! So this got us thinking…. what would we do with our spare time. It didn’t take us long to come up with this list….
- Become a part-time pirate
- Get super prepared and buy all your Christmas presents for the next 3 years.
- Batch cook all your meals for the next year.
- Take up a new sport
- Become an Olympic champion in that sport
- Teach your pet to be a super hero
- Become a super hero with your pet as a side kick
- Learn to play an instrument
- Learn to play multiple instruments at once
- Work out – what exactly are Jay-Z’s 99 problems.
- Become a World Champion Salsa dancer.
- Make friends with a fish.
- Walk to the North Pole.
- Find Hogwarts.
We are all for the shorter working week, mainly because we need to start our adventure to Hogwarts while becoming a multi-music sensation.