Healthy eating doesn’t need to be boring, just by making a few tweaks you can still eat all your favourite foods. This week at BeeZee Families, we’ve been making healthy pizzas!
Made with wholemeal flour and topped with plenty of veggies, these are a tasty, healthier alternative to a shop bought or takeaway pizza. Plus they’re loads of fun to make and you can decorate them however you like! You can add your favourite toppings (and leave off the yucky ones) and could even try making fun shapes from your pizza dough…. the possibilities are (almost) endless.
Due to popular demand, we’re sharing the recipe, so that you can enjoy making (and eating!) healthy pizza at home.
You will need:
- 1 sachet fast action yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- warm water (body temperature)
- 500g wholemeal bread flour
- 1tsp tomato puree
- 200g tomato passata
- 200g light mozzarella (grated)
- Toppings of your choice! (peppers, mushrooms, spinach, sweetcorn, olives, tomatoes, red onion, chicken, ham, tuna, pineapple… whatever you like!)
- Make the yeast mixture – Combine the sachet of fast action yeast, sugar, salt and 100ml of warm (not hot!) water in a small bowl and leave to rest for a few minutes. It will become cloudy with a few bubbles on top.
- Measure 500g wholemeal bread flour into a mixing bowl
- Mix the yeast mixture into the flour, adding water gradually until a smooth dough is formed. You will need around 200ml of water but add it in gradually as all flour is different.
- Knead the smooth dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes. Leave to rest in a warm place for a few minutes while you chop and prepare the toppings.
- Roll out the dough into a circle… or whatever shape you fancy!
- Mix together 1tsp tomato puree and 200ml tomato passata – spread all over your pizza base.
- Sprinkle 200g grated light mozzarella cheese evenly all over your pizza, and arrange your toppings however you like!
- Bake in the oven at 200c for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
And enjoy! We’d love to see a pic of your tasty creations – tweet or instagram them with the hashtag #beezeepizza!